SOCIAL STUDIES TUTORING
Since 2005, we’ve helped students improve their confidence and grades in all levels of social studies.
We’re especially proud of the fact that other educators (teachers and professors) and high profile members of the Princeton University Administration trust us with their children’s academic success and recommend our services to others.
Our private 1-on-1 social studies tutors will not only help clarify the specific material being studied in class, but can also help your child develop stronger critical analysis and writing skills.
How Does It Work?
- Free Consultation – We learn more about your child
- A Perfect Tutor Match – Our team thoughtfully matches you with an amazing social studies tutor
- Progress Tracking – Stay in the loop with detailed progress reports after every session
Available Online or In-Person
- Online – Over the past decade, we’ve successfully helped students all over the world using Zoom, virtual whiteboards, and other technologies.
- In-Person – Locally in the Princeton, NJ area
100% Satisfaction Guaranteed
- Experience You Can Trust – Near-perfect ratings, 50,000+ hrs of tutoring experience, and 500+ happy reviews
- Not completely satisfied with a session? Let us know, and we’ll make it right or refund the unused sessions.
# of unsolicited testimonials we’ve receivedWORK WITH A SOCIAL STUDIES EXPERT
What parents say about our Social Studies tutors
Our team includes award-winning Princeton University undergrads and Master’s/PhD graduates who are rigorously screened and are extremely effective at communicating the material.
A quick “case study”:
The mother of a ninth grader at Princeton High School contacted us to help her son with English and history.
His struggles seemed to stem from difficult teachers, difficult essay assignments, and boring books and topics.
He had been diagnosed with moderate to severe auditory processing disorder and had been working with a specialist.
We matched the son with Catharine, a public policy major at Princeton University.
Catherine is a stellar scholar who co-founded Students for Education Reform, which has grown to more than 140 chapters in over 30 states, and earned her recognition as a young leader to watch by Time, Forbes, and Education Week.
Here’s some feedback we received:
“Hello Catharine, I have to say that Kurren has had a lot of tutors and he has progressed far more in a few short weeks with you than years with others before…
Thank you for helping him in seeing his potential.”
We receive messages like these every week.
We regularly track progress
Progress reports are shared after every session so you always know what’s going on.
A Real-Life Example:
Tutor: Julia Elman
Subject(s): AP United States History
Time Tutored: 21:45 – 22:45
Next Scheduled Session: Wed, 03/04 6:00 PM (Online/Facetime – per student request)
We covered Period 3 (from French and Indian War until 1800).
These were the main points we discussed:
– Britain’s attempt to tighten control on the colonies following the French and Indian War
– Building colonial resentment towards British policies (especially taxes)
– The Revolutionary War
– The Articles of Confederation (and the reasons for their failure)
– The Constitution (drafting, contents, and ratification debate)
– The Washington and Adams administrations, as well as the election of 1800
– Relations between the young U.S. and European powers, as well as Native Americans
– 1754 (French and Indian War) – 1800 (new democracy)
Assignments for Next Week:
– Watch the review video and take summarizing notes
– Go through the tomrichey apush review I sent you
– Review book practice questions for Period 3
– Check out AP US History Period 3 on Khan Academy:
– Add any problem areas to the problem areas to our tracking spreadsheet
How is your child performing in math?LEARN HOW WE CAN HELP
Addresses common student issues
A deep understanding of the subject matter allows us to personalize our approach.
Why is social studies important?
Why do some students struggle with social studies?
In the majority of these subjects, strong critical reading and writing skills are essential for doing well. Also important are the ability to form connections between details learned, and stitch information together to understand cause and effect.
Let’s Get Started
We’ve produced consistent results over the past 15 years by combining a deep and nuanced understanding of the material, truly world-class tutors, and exceptional customer service.
What else differentiates us?
- Smaller boutique company
- Obsessive attention to quality
- Never any high pressure sales tactics
- Trusted resource with a strong reputation
We’d love to learn more about your student and see how we might be able to help!TALK TO JESSICA