Work with the best tutors regardless of where you live.
When properly executed, online tutoring is extremely effective for all subjects (including math!) and even for students who typically struggle with attention.
We’ve worked with students online for over a decade, so we’ve had a lot of time to think about how to do it the right way.
Domestically, we’ve had students from all over the country, from Massachusetts to California and many states in between.
Internationally, we’ve supported students in Canada, South America, Europe, Africa, Australia, and Asia.
# of continents our students are from. We’re still working on Antarctica 🙂HOW CAN WE HELP?
A case study
We’ve found that online tutoring can be MORE effective than in-person tutoring for some students.
A mother reached out to us to help her 11th grader prep for both the SAT and ACT.
Though we had several tutors who could meet in-person, we determined that one of our tutors in Boston would be the perfect fit.
Here’s what the mother shared with us:
“I wanted to tell you that D really loved working with Matt…
As you may recall, I was skeptical, but the online sessions really worked out well, and I did not have to drive her anywhere!
She got a 35 on the ACT, and came out of the SATs last weekend feeling great about it.”
How does online tutoring work?
It’s easy and free to set up.
A High-Level Overview:
- Sessions are still face-to-face and utilize a variety of online technologies that are free and easy to use
- Zoom is recommended for video/audio, screensharing, and online whiteboarding to collaborate in real-time. Facetime is also popular amongst our students. While Skype was great in the past, there are now better options. Google Hangouts is also not recommended but is passable as a backup option.
- We successfully work with students all over the world through online tutoring in all subjects, and it’s effective and surprisingly engaging
- One bonus is that we can easily save whiteboard notes and share with the student for future reference
It’s almost like the tutor is sitting right across the table from you!
Students can always try it out and see if it works for them or not (it rarely does not work).
Updated Training – To ensure that online tutoring continues to be seamless and effective for our students, we’ve updated our Online Tutoring Best Practices and have required the re-training of all of our new tutors.
“Thanks so much. Max is the best. He’s been so in tune with Xander, not just the studies but the way his brain works. They are such a good match, and Max is so patient.”
M.A., Parent of 9th Grader (online sessions)
Let’s Get Started
We’ve produced consistent results over the past 15 years by combining a deep and nuanced understanding of the material, truly world-class tutors, and exceptional customer service.
What else differentiates us?
- Smaller boutique company
- Obsessive attention to quality
- Never any high pressure sales tactics
- Trusted resource with a strong reputation
We’d love to learn more about your student and see how we might be able to help!TALK TO JESSICA