Private ISEE Tutoring
Since 2005, we have helped numerous students improve their confidence and scores on the Independent School Entrance Exam (ISEE), required for admission to many private elementary, middle, and high schools. Combined with our academic subject tutoring, we provide the most comprehensive program to increase your child’s chances of acceptance to his or her dream school. Our clients have even included other professionals in the field of education - teachers, Ivy League professors, and members of the Princeton University administration. Our exceptional private tutors will create a customized approach tailored specifically for your needs. After each session, you'll receive a detailed progress report to track your child's improvement.
What Parents Say about Our ISEE Tutors
“Hi Greg, I just want to tell you how pleased with have been with our experience with Peter, and how much we appreciate your help in connecting us with him. He has been inspirational for N and is a great teacher. He is also 100% reliable. I am hoping that when he graduates in the spring you will be able to find us someone as good!”
Parent of 6th grader, John Witherspoon Middle School
Please visit our testimonials page to read what other parents have said about our amazing tutors. We receive messages like these every week!
Why Princeton Tutoring?
The BEST SAT Tutors – Our rigorous recruiting and testing process ensures that we have the best tutors in ISEE as well as all other subjects. Our tutors are former valedictorians, founders of volunteer groups, and top athletes, who are deeply engaged in a multitude of activities and will bring that same high-level commitment to your child’s education.
The Most Effective Matching Process – No need for you to scroll through dozens of potentially unqualified tutor profiles. Our experienced staff will match you with the tutor who will be the perfect fit for your child’s unique needs.
Post-Tutoring Recaps – Session summaries keep you in the loop, help you track progress, and give you peace of mind.
Satisfaction Guaranteed – We have an impressive track record of increased scores and confidence, and many of our clients are returning customers or referrals. This is why we can offer the best guarantee in the industry.
What further differentiates us from the competition is our genuine desire to help your child succeed. Both Kevin and I started tutoring in high school and continued throughout our college years at Princeton and beyond. We chose to tutor because it was extremely rewarding and something we truly enjoyed.
Princeton Tutoring was born out of the early successes of our former clients and our desire to provide high-quality tutoring to other families. We understand better than most what parents are looking for, what children need, and which qualities make the best tutors.
Thank you for considering us. We look forward to speaking with you and working with your child to help fulfill his or her academic potential.
Princeton Tutoring's ISEE Methodology
Either the Independent School Entrance Exam or the Secondary School Admission Test (SSAT) is required for admission to many private elementary, middle, and high schools. The ISEE is developed by the Educational Records Bureau and while it has no relation to the SSAT, is a very similar test. (The SSAT, in turn, is organized similarly to the SAT, though it has no relation to the SAT or College Board.)
Some consider the ISEE and SSAT as an indication of future performance on the SAT.
What is the one most important factor for an increased SAT score?
Practice! If your child is self-motivated and has the time to prepare on his or her own, then there’s actually no need for one of our tutors. Unfortunately, most high school students are busy with an increasingly difficult and time-consuming academic workload, not to mention numerous extracurricular activities.
What are the benefits of private SAT tutoring?
One of the main benefits of our private SAT tutors is to ensure that your child is preparing efficiently to maximize results in the shortest amount of time.
Additionally, while we teach your child the most useful strategies and tips needed to succeed on the SAT, our main focus is on making sure your child truly understands the concepts tested.
- Diagnostic test from a real College Board exam to accurately identify weaknesses and strengths
- Development of customized curriculum
- One-on-one tutoring sessions to work on problem areas and review strategies
- Assignment and review of homework and practice problems
- Timed practice tests to track improvement
- Practice, review, practice, review, practice!
What Are the Next Steps for an Increased Score?
- Understand Your Needs
- You will have a consultation with one of our partners or directors, all of whom are experts in education.
- We will identify your goals, and learn more about your child’s academic strengths and weaknesses, testing history, materials used, learning styles, personality, and interests
- Make a Perfect Match
- Our partners have more than 15 years of experience matching clients to the right tutors – and we are VERY good at it.
- Customized ISSE Tutoring
- Each tutoring session is tailored specifically for your child’s unique needs.
- Your tutor will analyze your diagnostic test for strenghts and weaknesses, develop a game plan, explain confusing concepts, and assign lots of homework
- Proper strategies, tips, and test-taking techniques will be emphasized and reinforced at every session
- Post-Tutoring Recaps
- After every tutoring session, you will receive a detailed progress report to keep you informed.