As promised, here is a continuation of my list of Pokemon that are useful for vocabulary study!
- Tyrogue contains the words “rogue,” a dishonest or unprincipled person, and “tyro,” which may relate to the word “tyrant,” a cruel and oppressive ruler.
- Related Words: tyrant, tyrannical, tycoon, typhoon, tyrannosaurus, tyronic, tyro, rogue
- Piloswine uses the words “Pilose,” which means covered in hair and “swine,” which is another word for pig
- Related Words: pilose, swine
- Banette combines the words “bane,” which refers to a person or thing that ruins or destroys, or “ban,” to prohibit, and “marionette,” which refers to a type of puppet. It may perhaps sounds similar to the weapon, “bayonet.”
- Related Words: bane, banality, banish, bandit, contraband, wolfsbane, marionette